Peanut Butter Drops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. Combine dry ingredients; add to the zucchini mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 183 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 25, 2014
Good base of a recipe. I made quite a few modifications by using 1 cup whole wheat flour and 2 cups AP flour. I removed a good bit of the shorten and used more peanut butter 1 1/2 cup with 1/4 cup cup of shorten and 2 TB flaxseed. You cannot even tell there is zucchini in these once they are cooled.
Mar 17, 2011
We make these all the time and always get rave reviews! They're even great frozen.
Aug 23, 2009
I also used smooth peanut butter and added semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are very moist, this is a keeper!
Aug 12, 2009
These are GREAT! I used smooth peanut butter and did not peel the zucchini.
Aug 9, 2007
No comment left