Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped peanut butter cups (about six 1.6-ounce packages)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 94 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 17, 2020
Winner at our house! I reduced the granulated sugar to just 3/4 cup and used 12 oz of the semi-sweet chips. Chilling the Reese's cups for about 30 minutes in the freezer does make it easier to cut them into pieces. Next time I would chill the dough for 2-3 hours as mentioned in another review. Soft and delicious!
Jun 4, 2020
These are easy and delicious. They do make a lot. I used only 12 oz.semi sweet chips and 8 snack size Reeses cups chopped. The house smelled wonderful while they were cooking. Do yourself a favor and make these!
Jun 3, 2020
I can't rate these yet, my batch is in the refrigerator for a while, just curious, why is there no baking powder?
Apr 27, 2020
i made these 1st time for my friend that has cancer she said they are amazing i broke 1 so i ate it and so yummy..thank you for this awesome recipe
Jan 27, 2020
I made these cookies following the recipe and they were delicious. Took them to my son’s school and his teacher said they were the best cookie she had ever eaten! I reviewed multiple requests for the recipe. I did add extra chopped Reese’s to the top of the cookies before baking.
Mar 15, 2018
Why is this listed under "low carb" recipes? Not even close to being low carb!
Oct 11, 2017
Made these delicious cookies for a family dinner, everyone agree these cookies are fantastic!. Soft and and easy to prepare. Definitely a keeper..
Jan 8, 2017
Made these with my son for Christmas. We both said this recipe is a keeper. Everyone who tried them said they were delicious.
Dec 1, 2016
is it necessary to use _Peanut Butter Cups?
Jan 20, 2016
These are so good! I didn't add the chocolate chips because I knew that would be too much chocolate for my family.