Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and brown sugar until blended. In another bowl, whisk 1-1/4 cups flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Beat just until mixture is sandy. Remove 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- To remaining mixture, beat in remaining flour, egg, vanilla and buttermilk. Stir in zucchini. Spread into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Stir cinnamon into reserved topping. Sprinkle over batter; top with chocolate chips.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 297 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 22, 2020
Loved this recipe! The peanut butter isn’t overpowering, the cake is light, and it’s different than other zucchini recipes I’ve made in the past.
Apr 28, 2020
i'm sorry. wanted to like it but it just tasted weird. maybe i should have peeled the zucchini? maybe i used a little too much zucchini? i don't know.
Apr 28, 2020
What size baking pan should be used?