Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in chips. Pour over the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 15 minutes (leave oven on).
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, peanut butter and sugar; spread over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 539 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 11, 2019
This is an okay base to start a good recipe. As is, this recipe does not work. It does not have enough peanut butter, or sugar. I upped the peanut butter by almost double and another 1/4 cup sugar. When I want a PEANUT BUTTER cheesecake, I'd like to actually TASTE peanut butter. The crust also does not work with this cheesecake, it is bland and awkward!
Oct 27, 2019
No clue why this is a five star dish. Maybe I just wanted something sweeter. The lady I'm dating seems to enjoy it, but this isn't her review. The pretzel crust and cheesecake did not go well. Some modifications could make it work though, as the idea is there. Aside from flavor, the recipe itself was missing details that can be made up but not sure what the creator was going for. Pretzels - brand, flavor, etc? Peanuts - raw, roasted, flavor? Peanut Butter - natural or sweetened or?? Butter - salted or unsalted
Jan 4, 2019
Honestly not bad.... I used a pre-made oreo crust that I bought from walmart. I put the cheesecake in the oven for 55 mins, and the top came out a little burnt. So i suggest if your using the oreo premade crust, do 35ish mins in the oven, or until center is set up. This recipe made actually made two pretty full cheesecakes because i used the oreo crust. So more cheesecake for me :)). I used 6 cream cheese instead of 5. Walmart had a sale on two packs of cream cheese so i bought 3 packs and used them all, totaling 6 blocks of cream cheese. I also used a bit (probably like less than 1/4 cup of sugar extra) more sugar in the topping, and everything else came out great! It was a hit with me and the family except for the kinda burnt top. Thanks Taste of Home.
May 5, 2018
I came across this recipe about a year ago and it didn't turn out well. I'm not much of a baker and I didn't have a food processor at the time. It's my husband and my anniversary in a few days and we are celebrating early, so I wanted to try it again. I'm so glad I did. I didn't use pretzels because last time it was a disaster (My fault, and now I'm hesitant to try again). I used an oreo crust, which I am more comfortable with. The topping is amazing. The whole thing is just rich and delicious. My only issue is that I still can't seem to get the middle to set well. I'll have to work on figuring that out. Thanks for such a great recipe!
Sep 28, 2017
I have not yet made it but I want to. I'm hoping for an answer here. I have a 7" springform pan. How do I cut the recipe? In half? or 3/4th? I hope someone can answer really quick.
May 6, 2017
Perfect for Sunday dinner desert with family and friends.
Mar 30, 2017
I made this for my Grandson, it's his favorite at a local restaurant. He told me it's better than the restaurant's. I made graham a cracker crust, used all choc. chips & eliminated the topping. Definitely a " Keeper" for us.
Dec 24, 2015
I used 1c sugar and an extra egg and Graham cracker crumbs for the bottom. I skipped the topping too. It was the best cheesecake ever!
Aug 25, 2015
Everyone loved it. My husband said the flavors were captivating. Ground the pretzels very fine in the food processor and the crust did not fall apart. Also wrapped my pan in foil and baked in a water bath. Make sure water stays below the top of the foil so it won't leak into the springform pan.
Jul 21, 2015
I can't believe this won a blue ribbon. This recipe was very disappointing. I took this to a large get together and they just did not like it and neither did I. I won't try it again. I gave the recipe to a girlfriend; she tried it and her family didn't care for it. She ended up tossing it. Sad but true. The pretzel crust is the best part of the recipe!!!