Peanut Butter Cheese Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brewed coffee
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Combine all crust ingredients. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan. Chill.
- For filling, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate with coffee until smooth. Spread over chilled torte. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped peanuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 545 calories, 38g fat (16g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 27, 2019
No comment left
Aug 5, 2017
What can I substitite for the coffee?
Dec 21, 2013
I bought some aluminum cake pans and made 4 of these as gifts. I usually let mine sit in the fridge for 48 hours to make sure its firm and ready for eating , and for the chocolate topping I add a little hot coffee as its melting to give it a richer flavor.
Oct 7, 2013
If you like reese's peanut butter cups you will love this. It is easy to make and to save time I usually just buy 2 graham cracker crusts instead of making the crust but then you have to keep in mind to also make a little extra topping.
Jan 15, 2009
No comment left