Peanut Butter Cake Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 277 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 24, 2018
No comment left
Mar 12, 2017
Very good recipe that I have used often. They are a constant hit at work. I agree with some reviews in that I only left mine in for abut 35-40 minutes and they were done. Not sure what some are talking about, mine were cake like just like it says. Really good!
May 10, 2016
I am giving a 5 star rating because my husband and a dear friend loved these. Next time Iwould take them out of the oven 5 min early as the edges were a bit dry. They are a brownie texture
Apr 22, 2016
These bars are very brownie-like, not really a cake and not really a cookie. I used an egg substitute and they still turned out good. The peanut butter and chocolate chips go great together.
Mar 12, 2016
These were OK. 40 minutes was too long to bake.
Dec 1, 2015
Has anyone tried this recipe with Gluten free flour?I use Namaste perfect flour blend and I want to try this recipe but with gluten free flour and wow butter.
Apr 4, 2015
These were good when they were fresh out of the oven, but as soon as they cooled off they were very dry. They weren't very peanut buttery tasting either.
Mar 27, 2015
Everyone loved this recipe,they turned out perfect. Thanks for shareing your recipe.
Feb 23, 2015
Wow!! I made these today during our ice storm, and I am glad I did. I loved the consistency of the bars. I did add more peanut butter since I read the other reviews and they said it was very light. Great bar, the hubby and my neighbors loved them!!
Sep 29, 2014
Loved these! Peanut buttery and moist. Only problem I had was the edges getting a little too done and slightly burnt by the time the center tested done. Will make again!