Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
Makes20 servings (1 cup each)
- 1 fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 680 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 9, 2020
Ingredients do not include whipped topping but directions require it
May 26, 2020
Very good if you like a rich sweet dessert.
May 2, 2020
There is just too much going on in this dessert. It is very rich.
Dec 11, 2019
I made this for a potluck at work. It was HUGELY popular. I got so many compliments, and got told by my boss that I have to bring it every year from now on! Job security for the win! ;) It's so simple to make I never imagined it would be so popular, but everyone really loved it.
Sep 10, 2019
I took this to a family dinner and everyone loved it!
Jan 8, 2019
I made this for our family Christmas gathering. It was definitely a hit!
Oct 30, 2018
Th's is my recipe and I have made it so many times and no one has ever said they didn't like it. It is so easy to put together and very pretty when it is made. It fills my trifle bowl perfectly.
Mar 29, 2018
I love to make and serve trifles. They are easy and you can change them up. This one is so good and will be made again and again.
Feb 12, 2018
it look like a good dessert and I would love to make it when I get home
Dec 7, 2017
This was very easy and made a very pretty dessert. I didn't have a trifle dish so I used a clear glass mixing bowl.Since other members comented in how much it made I only made half.I left out the peanut butter cups except for the garnish.I plan on making this for a Christmas potluck and will get a trifle dish for then.Highly recommend for chocolate and Peanut butter lovers