Peanut Butter Banana Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 352 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 1, 2018
OMG This is awesome!!!! Definitely will make again, and I might, like others have suggested, add a little bit ofchocolate chips. This is a keeper!
May 5, 2017
Love the combination of flavor!! Took it to work and coworkers requested the recipe.
Jan 11, 2015
wanted to share something new with the friends and family. First of all---its all gone! All loved it and recipe was asked for by many! Thank you for the delish recipe. Also added a few chocolate chips to batter
Oct 29, 2013
GREAT RECIPE!!! We love it, I have made it many, many times, my grand kids especially love it.
Oct 7, 2013
My family & I didn't really like the combination of the peanut butter & banana. I wound up throwing it out.
Sep 16, 2013
Loved this recipe. I added chopped nuts and a few choc. chips and it was FABULOUS!!!
Jul 22, 2013
No comment left
Jun 3, 2013
No comment left
May 30, 2013
My family loves this recipe.I have made this several times.
Nov 29, 2012
ABSOLUTLY AWESOME... Made it for the Boy Scout mtg. It was so good and moist. Everyone loved it. Asked me for the recipe. All of it gone!