Peaches ‘n’ Cream Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, well drained
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, flour and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; set aside. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add extracts and orange zest; mix well. Beat in the whipped cream on low speed. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange peaches and raspberries over filling. In a small saucepan or microwave, melt preserves and honey; mix well. Carefully spoon or brush over fruit. Cut into wedges to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 21, 2019
I made this for a dessert for out of town guests one time in July. It was a challenge to make but a good challenge. It was stunning and turned out to be just as tasty as it was delicious. It was the hit of the night (and we had fennel/orange steamed mussels and our native steamed Maine lobsters!!!!!) That speaks volumes about this gem of a dessert!
Mar 25, 2018
made this for a family get together, wow! turned out beautiful, and family loved it! I did omit the rasberries because i couldnt find fresh ones so i used blueberries
Sep 26, 2010
No comment left