Peach-Cranberry Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 large oranges, peeled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Place peach gelatin in a large bowl. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil; pour over gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Add orange juice and mix well. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in peaches. Pour into a 3-qt. serving bowl. Chill until firm. Place cranberry gelatin in another bowl. Bring remaining water to a boil; pour over gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Add cranberry juice and mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the oranges, cranberries and sugar; process until the fruit is coarsely chopped. Add to the cranberry gelatin. Carefully spoon over gelatin. Chill until set.
Jul 14, 2020
I havenand#039;t made this yet but plan to. For joyfl the recipe calls for 4 cups of water DIVIDED. That should solve your problem. I have fresh ripe peaches that I need to use so I will experiment with using them instead of the canned.
Dec 31, 2015
I have made this for holiday dinners for several years. The taste is incredibly good. Everyone I serve it to loves it. Recently I have had trouble with the cranberry layer not congealing and I have forgotten if I usually omitted the sugar or possibly reduced the water in that layer. Anyone know if the 4 cups of water in this recipe is correct? It does seem a lot with sugar also causing it to be watery. I have tried all sizes of oranges and it makes no difference as the cranberry layer continues to be so liquid that we have to practically drink it. The peach and OJ layer works fine with 2 cups of water.
Nov 8, 2014
I haven't tried this yet, but I need a salad for a Thanksgiving Potluck. I'm thinking this would be good with the variation of using orange Jello with Mandarin Oranges, in place of the Peaches. Since you're using Oranges with the Cranberries.