Peach Cake Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add peaches; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 396 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 21, 2014
Cake batter did not bake even though I baked it for 20 minutes longer. Would not make again.
Aug 25, 2013
Although this was fairly easy to make it was just too sweet for my taste. Perhaps I didn't have enough peaches for the amount of sugar called for in the recipe. The batter was extreamly thick and difficult to spread. I'm afraid this one was not a keeper.
Aug 25, 2012
This recipe miserably failed. The peach filling was delicious, but the cake batter was so thick and did not bake well. I ended up baking this an extra 15 minutes, but still no good. Also, the filling ran over the top. I will not make this again.
Jun 23, 2010
No comment left
Sep 13, 2008
This was the easiest dessert to make and it was a little to sweet but delicious.