Peach Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 9, 2020
Superb pie, perfect combination of fruit! I didn't have enough time to make lattice crust and made using regular top crust with a few cut outs for steam. Pie was delicious and great in summer when peaches and berries are prime.
Jun 27, 2020
the rave reviews are exactly spot on and it’s prob one of the best pies i’ve ever made! all of the ratios are perfect and the cinnamon sugar on top gave it a perfect crunch. i didn’t have allspice so used a dessert spice mix in addition to the cinnamon, i made a pate brisee butter crust, and
Jun 9, 2020
making the pie right now, noticed that the instructions are to make it lattice, but the picture is not...just an observation. once I start to put it together, I'll decide which way to go...then a review after!
Aug 3, 2019
Best peach and blueberry pie ever! So far, I've made it three times this summer ????
Jul 14, 2019
Made this pie for dessert tonight with fresh peaches from The Peach Truck and it was delicious. I have added this recipe to my favorites and will definitely be making it again.
Jul 12, 2019
Could you use drained canned peaches for this recipe?
Oct 14, 2018
Our neighbor gave us some of her fresh peaches so I knew I had to make this pie and I’m so glad I did, this pie is delicious! My family loved it! This is a keeper!
Apr 22, 2018
No comment left
Jan 22, 2018
Never can go wrong with homemade pie. I skipped the allspice (I don't like it) and added a little more cinnamon. Blackberries were more of a hit than the blueberries.
Sep 29, 2017
I had some overripe peaches that I needed to use as well as some freshly picked blueberries. This pie was the perfect way to use both items. I shared the pie with friends and the results were unanimous...one of the best pies ever. I used a little less allspice than it asked for but the flavor still came through clearly.