Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or apricot gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional sliced peaches, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Chop peaches into small pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved syrup. Chill until slightly thickened. Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold in gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter; garnish with additional peaches if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 249 calories, 5g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
Good , light and refreshing.
May 24, 2020
I made this Peach Bavarian yesterday, with only a drop of almond extract, and everyone loved it. It has a nice peach flavor and a super creamy consistency. I will be making this again soon!
May 18, 2020
Not a family favorite so probably won’t make again. I made it as directed except only a half tsp. of Almond flavor instead of a full tsp. It was still plenty.
Apr 12, 2019
This has been a favorite recipe in our home since it first appeared in TOH! I made it that month,
Apr 7, 2018
Light airy salad, compliment to Easter dinner. Very pretty too! I would skip the extra sugar. I used light cool whip and I could see using sugar free peach jello the next time to make it diabetic friendly. I think this would be great for a baby shower.
Apr 2, 2018
This was as beautiful as it was tasty and a light, refreshing salad for our Easter dinner. I doubled the recipe and used a Bundt pan as the mold. I presented it on a glass footed tray surrounded by red lettuce around its edges. I did omit the sugar and did not double the almond extract. It was perfect and enjoyed by all.
Mar 12, 2018
Does anyone know whether you have to use the frozen whipped topping? Can you make your own whipped cream from real cream? THank you
Mar 11, 2018
This is delicious even without the added sugar and peach juice!
Mar 10, 2018
This is very good! I have made it several times and always get compliments. I add only 1/2 tsp almond extract as I think 1 tsp can be overwhelming.
Jun 25, 2017
A slightly different version has been a staple at our family dinners since the 1960s.1 29-oz can peach slices (peaches chopped slightly)1 3-oz pkg lemon gelatin1/4 C sugardash salt1/4 C boiling water1 tsp almond extract2 C frozen whipped topping, thawedDrain peaches, reserving 1/3 C of juice. Chop peaches.Dissolve gelatin, sugar, and salt in boiling water. Add reserved juice.Chill until slightly thickened.Blend almond extract into whipped topping.Gradually blend into gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.Pour into bowl or mold. Refrigerate.