Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in half the whipped topping; spread over crust. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 12, 2020
4th of July dessert ~ perfect for a hot holiday. It is light and refreshing. The crust was different and delicious. I WILL be making again for Labor Day (and probably before that, too!) I used sugar free Swerve, a little less than called for and sugar free pudding. OH MY, everyone loved it, no leftovers! Highly recommend, delicious and easy to put together, ahead of time ~ a winner
Jul 3, 2020
I have made this for years with chocolate pudding. Some have mentioned using graham cracker crust instead but the best part of this dessert is the backed crust with the roasted pecans. It gives it a great flavor! I am making it for July 4th this year just like this recipe with vanilla!!
Jul 6, 2019
My Mom makes this for 4th of July every year but she didn't know where she got the recipe. I received this recipe in an email and thought it looked the same as my Mom's, and it is. Now I can make this every year. It is very good and it's loved by everyone.
Jun 22, 2019
I have made this dessert for years. It is always a hit and I love it because the only baking involved is in making the crust. I am going to try making it with a graham cracker crust as others have suggested.
Jun 23, 2018
What a yummy dessert and easy to make. The crust is so good. Everyone loved it.
May 29, 2018
Great recipe! I did follow someone’s suggestion of a graham cracker crust, only because it’s too hot to turn on my oven! :)
May 30, 2017
Sure Sarah! You could make it 2 or 3 days ahead, if you do be sure to put the berries on closer to serving time. Overnight would be fine but sooner might cause the strawberries to get too soft and maybe run.
May 28, 2017
Can you make this the night before?
Jul 15, 2016
No comment left
Jul 5, 2016
This was a great hit for the 4th of July. My husband thought it was awesome. It was easy to make and taste fabulous. :~))