Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes
I reach for this recipe whenever I crave spaghetti sauce but don't have the time to make my usual recipe.—Michelle Dommel, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pasta, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook sausage until browned; drain. Add tomatoes and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve immediately over pasta.