Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green pepper and onion; saute until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Spread pasta evenly in skillet to form a crust. Cook until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Turn crust onto a large plate. Reduce heat to medium; slide crust back into skillet. Top with pizza sauce, sauteed vegetables and olives; sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 374 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
May 22, 2020
"Form a crust and turn it onto a large plate." YEAH RIGHT! I nearly had a panic attack and broke my wrist trying to do this. Would love to see a video of this working successfully. However, the heap of disheveled cheesy pasta did taste good.
Jan 20, 2019
I love the flavor of this dish! It's a great recipe for cast iron. Our biggest challenge was getting the spaghetti to stay in crust form. Packing it a bit tighter next time might help. It still tasted good, though!
Mar 3, 2018
I'd used: 18-oz. can PASTA sauce, 1/2 c. 5-cheese Italian blend. Increased olive oil to 6 tsp., DIVIDED. I'd left the pasta in the skillet, topped with the sauce and sprinkled with cheese and Italian seasoning. Olives were omitted. This is a really delicious recipe!
Jun 30, 2009
No comment left
Nov 7, 2006
No comment left