Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- 1/2 cup canned cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, spinach and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Apr 5, 2020
This was outstanding! Exceptionally flavorful! I also use this as a base, minus the beans, to make a tortellini soup. Simple and delicious. We use a good quality Parmesan cheese that we grate ourselves for that extra flavor.
Jun 1, 2010
This is a deliciously satisfying soup. My husband, who is not big on homemade soups, loves this one. Even my grandkids love it.
Jun 7, 2008
Hi Barb, Thank you so much for posting this receipe. I love soups like this and have been looking for a Pasta Bean soup for quite a while. I will definately be making this. chio Barbara