Party Pecan Pies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Press tablespoonfuls of dough onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups to form shells; set aside. Combine filling ingredients in a bowl. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon into each shell.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Aug 18, 2009
For a dressier presentation, place a whole pecan piece on top of the filling before baking. I agree, it's much less work to use the tart tamper to make the shells, as a previous reviewer stated.
Dec 5, 2008
Re:Party Pecan PiesI fixed this recipe and I thoughtit was great. I rolled to pastry into 2" balls, placed one in each mini muffin cup then I used a tart tamper to press the pastry down.These were a hit at the party I took them to and I plan to make them again for another party.
Nov 17, 2008
This recipe was very fussy and the filling oozed all over, even though I was careful not to over fill the mini muffin cups. I made one batch of the minis and gave up. I then made a regular pie with what was left over and it was tasty.
Sep 25, 2008
No comment left