Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, combine process cheese and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Add the cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Drain carrots; stir into cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 270 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 31, 2019
I don't know what I did wrong, but these were a disappointment. No one would eat this and it all ended up in the trash (along with the recipe). Maybe it's because I don't usually cook with Velveeta - too much sodium and quite expensive.
Jul 1, 2017
This cheesy carrot recipe is delightfully tasty and filling! It's a keeper!!
Apr 3, 2015
My daughter always asks for this as a side dish every Easter. I've made this for several years and it's the only way my daughter will eat carrots. She (and everyone else) loves them.
Mar 25, 2015
I made this as a side dish during the Holidays and after reading the reviews, I used a little less than three pounds of carrots. Several of my guests asked for the recipe. It's easy and tasty!
Nov 18, 2014
Great recipe! Beautiful with color, nice flavor, everyone enjoyed this. Only change I would make is to add a few more carrots.
Jan 6, 2014
Very good recipe, it was the big hit at our dinner party. Next time I might use 2 1/2 lbs. of carrots, there's plenty of sauce.
Feb 16, 2013
No comment left
Feb 26, 2012
Excellent but very rich,one of our favorite ways to serve carrots.
Nov 27, 2011
I will make these every chance I get. Even people who don't like carrots will love these. We were suppose to save them for the party we were having for the whole weekend. They were gone within one night of the three day party. People couldn't get enough of them. THEY WERE TO DIE FOR!!!
Nov 21, 2011
Two of my guests asked for the recipe.