Pancakes with Orange Honey Butter
Whenever I ask my family what they want for breakfast, they invariably ask for these pancakes. Not only are they light and fluffy, but my homemade orange butter adds a special sweet flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil and honey; add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- For orange honey butter, combine butter and honey in a medium bowl; beat well. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth. Serve with pancakes.