Pancake Mix in a Jar
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 pancakes per batch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples or cranberries, optional
- Combine the first 5 ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (3 cups total).
- To prepare pancakes: Place 1-1/2 cups mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil. Stir in dried fruit if desired. Stir into pancake mix just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles on top begin to pop; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 329 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 17, 2015
Everyone that we've made these for loves them. Excellent flavor.
Apr 16, 2010
Very yummy with Mashed Bananas! I made some as housewarming gifts for neighbors who inviting us for dinner and it looked very nice. I layered the cinnamon throughout the jar so that it had a layered look!