Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1 cup vegetables: 357 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 6, 2020
Super yummy. A few twikes were used i had slightly marinated the chicken in the paprika and rosemary for about an hour or so and i did the same with the veggies . everything turned out wonderful and very flavorful . will definitely make agian
Jul 5, 2020
In the video you put the spinach on top of the chicken... in the recipe it says to remove the chicken then put the spinach on the veggies... which is it... leaving the chicken under the spinach would give it an extra 10 minutes to cook so need to know. Thanks.
Jun 21, 2020
This is so delicious! I added fresh mushroom and it came out really nice.
Jun 11, 2020
I would need to change the chicken thighs to chicken Breast we don't eat the dark meat chicken. It really sounds delicious. Going to try it with Chicken Breast? Will let you know how my family likes it when I do.
May 15, 2020
Have made this 3 times. Good recipe although this last time I didn't use rosemary because it's a bit much.
May 14, 2020
It turned out delicious and it was easy
Mar 31, 2020
I made it last night, exactly per the recipe but I cut it down to three (3) chicken thighs. It was absolutely delicious. I fried some of the leftover potatoes, onions, and spinach for breakfast and mixed it with scrambled eggs. It's a keeper!
Mar 12, 2020
I exchanged the spinach for fresh green beans. This was really easy and tasted fantastic! I cut it down to four (4) chicken thighs as it was just the two of us. Made a nice change from the usual grilled or fried chickens.
Mar 3, 2020
Made last night for supper. Everyone loved it. Simple to make and clean up was so easy. I did double the seasonings since I used 8 thighs instead of six and my family likes well seasoned food. I used Italian seasoning instead of rosemary and added asparagus instead of spinach. It is a keeper! Smells great while cooking too!
Mar 1, 2020
Easy to make for meal prep lunch or dinner. Great dish for friends! The paprika really does the trick!