Overnight Yeast Waffles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, butter and eggs; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir into milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir batter; add baking soda and stir well. Bake waffles in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 220 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 25, 2018
Such a delicious breakfast! I made these last night and woke up a few times during the night thinking about them. OK, I'm a little obsessed with food, especially waffles and pancakes. So tasty.
Feb 25, 2018
My Grandmother would would make overnight yeast waffles for Friday night dinner. I enjoy making these waffles in her memory.
Jan 20, 2018
What an easy/tasty waffle recipe! It was so nice to wake up on a Saturday morning and not have to mix something together. I just had to pull my batter out of the fridge, and and pour it in to my heated waffle iron. This is definitely a keeper. I did add a little extra flour, as others mentioned below. Also, I used all whole wheat and substituted half the butter for applesauce to cut calories.
Jan 20, 2018
These are delicious light and crispy waffles. We thought they had more flavor than just regular quick bread waffles. Making them the night before is really nice too. We will definitely be making these waffles again.
Feb 25, 2013
My family LOVED these! My very picky seven year old ate five and told me not to lose the recipe! They smell so good when the're cooking. Wondering if I should add a splash of vanilla. :-)
Jan 23, 2012
Really yummy and yet not sweet. I had to add some flour to the batter in the morning because it was a little runny for my liking. But an easy enough fix!
Aug 9, 2011
This is a good tasting and filling waffle. The yeast gives it a hint of something home-made and not from a mix. I will definately make this often.