Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 4 mild white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and carrots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in oil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir several times.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 31, 2019
This is good! I, too, added green pepper slices and used less onion, but the result was still delicious. This is a great time saver!
Aug 15, 2019
I had used a green pepper, and 1 sweet white onion, sliced. I didn't use 4 mild white onions since I didn't have them on hand. Everything else was kept as recipe directed! This is a delicious recipe!
Aug 9, 2019
Jul 20, 2019
I have never been able to make a coleslaw dressing that tasted good. So, my dressing was "Hidden Valley" but never again. We absolutely LOVED it. I used the "ready made slaw in the bag" which the dressing is the right amount for this. I used green onions for that's what I had. Fantastic and thanks for sharing your recipe.
Jul 9, 2019
So easy and good I used substitute sugar for less weight watchers points
Mar 19, 2012
Even my husband liked this one! Next time I will try half celery seed/half celery salt b/c the celery taste seemed strong.
Nov 1, 2009
No comment left