Overnight Blueberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat egg and 1/2 cup sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in butter. Fold in berries.
- Pour into greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Cover and chill overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 20, 2019
Is this suitable for diabetics
Dec 1, 2017
I prepared this delicious quick and easy coffee cake this morning. Yes, I know it is called "overnight" but I took a chance and made it anyway. I did substitute Splenda for some of the sugar. And, I sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar before baking as a reviewer suggested. It only baked 25 minutes and it was done. Absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Oct 18, 2017
Best coffee cake of my life! Easy to make or add in what you like to make it your own. Love it with pecans.
Apr 10, 2017
I make this easy and delicious coffee cake every year for Easter.
Aug 4, 2013
No comment left
Jan 27, 2013
Nice flavor - and nice that I can prepare the night before and just bake it in the moring.
Jul 23, 2010
My family can't get enough of this cake. It is so nice to make it the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. It is a special treat for us, and we look forward to eating it many times throughout the year. I use lowfat buttermilk, but that' s a personal preference. Make this, you won't be dissapointed.
Jul 10, 2010
I've been making this for months and my whole gang LOVES it...easy to whip up at night and it makes the whole house smell heavenly in the morning.....i don't use the 2 TBS sugar on top though....I just sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon sugar (and sometimes a handful of sliced almonds)....I've also used frozen berries with excellent results....quick, easy, delicious - my favorite kind of recipe!