Oven-Roasted Baby Back Ribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan. Combine garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper; sprinkle over ribs. Top with sliced onion. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain fat from pan; discard sliced onion. Brush ribs with half of barbecue sauce.
- Cover and bake 30-60 minutes longer or until ribs are tender. Serve with remaining sauce.
Jun 25, 2019
These ribs are delicious and easy to prepare! I recommend lining your pan with foil to help make clean up easier. I did leave the liquid smoke out as a personal preference.
Dec 25, 2018
Made it today for Christmas Eve dinner. Only two of us so just one slab of back ribs. I cut the dry ingredients in half and sprinkled on ribs. Baked for two hours, after 1 and a quarter hours I spread some sauce on them. 20 minutes before end of cooking I uncovered them. Turned out great. A keeper for us. Warmed up remaining sauce for dipping.
Feb 23, 2016
Tender ribs with thick sauce. Recommend spraying baking pan with oil spray prior to baking. Sauce is also great for pulled pork or beef bbq
Oct 22, 2014
Melt in your mouth.
Feb 27, 2013
No comment left
Feb 22, 2013
No comment left
Feb 5, 2013
These were a mixed success in our house. They were a little too spicy for the kids, but were OK for the adults. I have other rib recipes that are better, so I won't be making these again.
Feb 18, 2011
The ribs came out very tender,and good seasonings.I smelled something ,and discovered you had better fill the bottom of your pan with water.My non stick was filled with crusted fat.I didn't care for the sauce.Next time I will use sweet baby rays.Just didn't care for the flavor.Also going to use a disposable pan haha.with my rack to keep the meat off the bottom.Thanks
Jan 18, 2011
This is my boyfriend's favorite. I don't even normally like ribs, but I LOVE these!! Very tender, and the bbq sauce has great flavor! I love to pair this with cheesy hashbrowns!
Jun 17, 2010
Loved it. After experimenting, I personally liked it better with a sweet, not too spicy, chile sauce, and I baked it for a total of 4 hours at 300 degrees.