Orange Tarragon Gravy
Tarragon adds terrific flavor to this gravy, while orange juice adds a bit of sweetness. —Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Turkey drippings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat. Add enough water to the drippings to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and orange juice until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon, tarragon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 198 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 21, 2013
This recipe is awesome. I have made it for thanksgiving dinner with my turkey drippings from an electric roaster. Absolutely great. My family asks me to make this every year!
Jun 19, 2012
No comment left