Orange Dream Mimosas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes16 servings (4 cups frozen mix)
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) champagne or other sparkling wine
- Fresh strawberries
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish; freeze, covered, 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place 1/4 cup orange mixture in each champagne glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with strawberries; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 138 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 5, 2020
This sounded really good but was a lot of trouble to make for the result. Although I like orange zest, it over powered the drink and it had a strange texture because of it. I think it would be ok without the zest but I won't be making this one again.
Apr 27, 2020
Recipe sounded good, but was overly complicated and did not work for us. Directions on 8 inch dish, freezing 6 hours or more, using blender, super fine sugar, etc. were unnecessary. Just mix until sugar dissolves, and freeze in any suitable container. Small individual serving cups would be best. We had difficulty cutting the hard frozen concoction up into individual servings. Then, it would not melt in our glasses, even after 45 minutes! Why freeze it solid when you only have to melt it again in your glass? When a little bit did dissolve, it had a gritty texture from the zest. Flavor was okay, so I gave it 1 star. Overall, this recipe did not meet our standards.
Apr 6, 2015
OMG! This is the most amazing thing I have eaten in a loooonnngg time!!!!