Orange Crab Salad
This salad is especially satisfying with oranges from our own trees.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- GINGER SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Divide the salad greens among four salad plates. Sprinkle with the chow mein noodles. Top each with about 3/4 cup crab mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Serve with crab salad.