Orange Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, oil and orange zest. Stir into cornmeal mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 161 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 3, 2018
These were excellent. My grandmother used to make orange corn muffins so I was looking for a similar recipe. I did change it a little I used half a cup of orange juice and half a cup of milk. It really helps boost the orange flavor. ??
Feb 21, 2016
I don't own muffin tins so I made an 8x8 pan of cornbread. It baked 5 extra minutes. Yum! It has a very subtle orange taste. Maybe next time I'd add a bit more zest. I love the fact that the cornbread isn't too sweet.
Oct 6, 2010
A perfect muffin with a cup of tea or coffee. Very light and refreshing. I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe. The flavor is perfectly balanced. Thank you!
Feb 6, 2010
No comment left