Orange Coffee Cake
My husband and I enjoy country living on our 120-acre farm where we grow corn and soybeans. I often prepare this refreshingly different coffee cake for breakfast or a midday snack.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and zest. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Jul 11, 2010
Good consistency and flavor. I used Splenda to cut down on the sugar in the mix and it worked fine. I also used some orange extract to enhance the flavor of the orange. Will definately make this again.