Orange-Cinnamon French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 slices bread
- Additional honey, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread to coat bottom of pan.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice and, if desired, salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with honey if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 158 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 6, 2020
I followed everything it said, i even baked it 5 extra mins (25 mins) and it was extremely soggy. It tasted good but like a bread soup. Maybe next time I'll fry it.
Feb 18, 2019
No comment left
Mar 26, 2018
Making this for years. Fast, tasty, crowd pleaser every time.
Jan 7, 2015
I cut the recipe in thirds and baked it in an 8X8 baking dish. Delicious and easy to prepare.Thank you, Bernice for sharing this recipe.
Mar 10, 2014
This had too much orange flavor for our tastes.
Feb 7, 2014
Oct 8, 2013
This was a quick and tasty breakfast! Would be even better with an orange-infused syrup or honey to drizzle on top.
Mar 6, 2013
No comment left
Jan 22, 2013
This was a good, easy breakfast. Nice flavors and I liked the honey drizzle.
Jan 18, 2013
Wow! This is excellent. My whole family loved this and gobbled it up quickly. I did add a little cinnamon to the orange/egg mixture. It was great with honey or maple syrup.