Orange Buttered Peas
Fresh mushrooms sauteed in a tangy orange-butter sauce give peas a new and interesting twist.—Zita Wilensky, North Miami Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the marmalade, butter and orange zest. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Cook peas according to package directions; drain. Add mushroom mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper.