Orange-Berry Yogurt Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes15 regular muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, unthawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, egg whites, egg and orange zest until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 126 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
May 4, 2017
I made these muffins this morning and they were delicious. Taking heed of another review, I decreased the amount of whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup and it seemed to work. I did use King Arthur Flour which always gives me good results (not a paid ad). I used cupcake papers and gave them each a quick spray of cooking spray but I recommend making sure to spray the sides of the papers, too, as mine stuck to the sides. I made 18 muffins and we thought they were delicious. The orange flavor came shining through. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 10, 2015
I tried these muffins today. They sounded delicious but turned out heavy as lead. Will not make again