Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 to 10 large oranges, any variety
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate or Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Peel oranges, removing as much white membrane as possible. Cut into sections or 1/4-in. slices. Overlap half of the sections or slices on a large platter or in a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with orange juice concentrate, coconut, almonds and half of confectioners' sugar. Top with remaining oranges; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 210 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Dec 27, 2018
The oranges really need to be broken into sections, and then cut in half. Orange slices are too big to manage without having to cut them.
Jan 16, 2010
I had a bunch of navel oranges that needed to be used so I found this recipe. So simple and so good! I used orange juice concentrate this time, but when I want to be "sophisticated" I will try the orange-flavored liqueur.