Orange and Onion Salad
The almonds in the recipe give it extra flair. It's a refreshing salad I serve year-round.—Jean Ann Perkins, Newburyport, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 head Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Sliced almonds
- Bottled poppy seed dressing
- Arrange lettuce leaves, onion and oranges on salad plates. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Serve with poppy seed dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 77 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 25, 2018
i gave this a four star only because the onions where a little overpowering but its a delicious side dish to go with fish or chicken the mandarin oranges in it made you think of the beach light and refeshing deb Pennington VFE Decatur Al.