Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 45 min.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless beef sirloin steaks (about 8 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium lime, cut into quarters
- In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, oregano and pepper flakes. Rub over the steaks; set aside.
- Place onions in a disposable foil pan; add oil and toss to coat. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Season onions with pepper, remaining salt and a squeeze of lime.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Squeeze remaining lime over the steaks; top with onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Feb 14, 2016
I made this on the stove. I cut my steaks into strips and cooked for two hours. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. We enjoyed this and it was really tender.
Feb 2, 2012
I've made this numerous times & enjoy it every time. Delicious! Use leftovers (if there are any) in tacos.
Mar 11, 2010
Very tasty and will definitely make again.