One-Skillet Pork Chop Supper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional: cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. Whisk together soup and water; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, just until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 390 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
May 17, 2020
I made this today and it was so yummy.
Feb 19, 2020
Love skillet recipes or air fryer recipes
Feb 18, 2020
I just made this for lunch. We found it to be very tasty, especially the gravy. It was very easy to make
Feb 17, 2020
Have done this for many years but with the addition of canned or frozen green beans ... excellent quick dinner meal!!!
Feb 16, 2020
I live just for my grandkids and can't think of a meal without them, I cook especially for them.
Oct 10, 2019
Easy enough to fix. Had good flavor.
Sep 4, 2019
I made this for dinner tonight. It was fantastic. I did substitute beef broth for the water. My husband and I both loved it. It was very tasty. I will make it again. Thank you
Aug 31, 2019
I was not as good as I had hoped. I had to adjust to make it more flavorful. Took longer for pork to cook and not enough moisture to my liking. I will not make THIS recipe again. I would not recommend anyone giving it a shot.
Feb 27, 2019
Made it last night. It was delicious. A definite do again.
Feb 17, 2019
Liked it, but needs a bit more flavor. I added some salt