Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Return 1 cup meat sauce to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup cottage cheese mixture, 1-1/2 cups meat sauce and half the noodles, breaking to fit. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 478 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1552mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 8, 2020
I made this exactly as written, except used small amount of qualIty Italian sausage from a local butcher, along with the ground beef. I did not bake in a skillet, cooked in oven. These are minor changes folks. Oh my gosh, I didn't know lasagna could taste that bad. I even re-read the recipe twice thinking I missed an ingredient. But you'll notice there are no spices, so yea, it was very bland. By the way, I found Cream of Onion online at Target.
Jan 24, 2020
This was VERY good! I could NOT find cream of onion soup in Oregon. It must not be popular here. So.....I improvised and mixed cream of celery soup with dry onion soup mix. I think I could have only used half the pouch of onion soup mix but even using the whole thing it was DELICIOUS! Also, I used hot Italian sausage instead of hamburger because my family likes that better. I sauteed the sausage with 1/2 of a diced yellow onion. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. Next time I will put a layer of cheese in the middle! I had never used the no cook lasagna noodles before and I was SKEPTICAL! But it turned out great. It probably cooked for about 30 minutes to get them soft. This one is a KEEPER! YUM!
Oct 21, 2019
I've been making "MY" lasagna for 40 years. I don't have an oven right now, so having to cook stovetop or other methods. I'll never go back to my old recipe ever again!! This is the Best lasagna ever!!
Apr 8, 2019
The flavor of this lasagna is phenomenal! My husband and I both loved it. Only giving it four stars because I had trouble getting the noodles to cook all the way through.
Jan 20, 2019
This recipe had me craving leftovers! I had to tweak the recipe because I didn't have soup but I did have dried onion soup mix. I had a 900g pack of meat so I cooked it all and added the cans of tomatoes and spagetti sauce. In Canada our cans/bottles are larger, so I basically made spagetti sauce for another day. I followed the rest of the directions on how to assemble except I went one layer extra. I adjusted the amount of Cottage cheese mixture to accommodate the extra layer. I used gluten free noodles and I gotta say!!!!... this recipe will be used A LOT!!!! Thanks so much!!
Sep 27, 2018
This was really good! I used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of onion and since I increased the ground beef, I used the whole can of soup. I substituted ricotta for the cottage cheese and used regular lasagna noodles, which I cooked al dente. Easy one pan cleanup! Will definitely make again!
Jul 17, 2018
We LOVED this dish! The cream of onion really makes this dish. I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese but kept everything else the same. I also used my Dutch oven, pasta was cooked as directed and perfectly done. I will be making this time and time again!
Jul 10, 2018
I wanted lasagna but didn’t want to heat up the kitchen so I decided to give it a try.I made it as written except increased ground beef to 1ib.ToCandy you may need to uses different skillet because I simmered mine for 17 minutes and it was perfect
Apr 16, 2018
No way no cook lasagna noodles were done in 20 minutes. Cooked 25 minutes and they are still cooking.
Mar 12, 2018
Can someone please tell me what brand of spaghetti sauce to buy. There are so many on the shelf. Thank you in advance