One-Pot Spinach Beef Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery and onion, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in broth, tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until pasta is tender, 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Sprinkle servings with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 258 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Jul 7, 2020
Mar 31, 2020
Used ground turkey cooked with garlic and 1/2 chopped onion. Added a can of (drained/rinsed) pink beans with the pasta to make it a bit more filling. Yum!
Dec 4, 2019
Warm, hearty, simple, and delicious! Everything a comforting bowl of soup should be. A definite keeper!
Nov 23, 2019
Great! Used frozen spinach. Less pasta.
Oct 25, 2019
Fantastic! I love the bowties in there.
Sep 16, 2019
Very good soup! I reduced the amount of pasta to 2 cups and it was perfect for us.
Aug 27, 2019
Everyone loved it and requested it again. I skipped the cheese because of allergies and used fresh basil and oregano because I had it on hand. I also used a medium red pepper, 4 celery stalks, and one onion and used a can of no salt diced tomatoes to get the same flavor of her diced tomatoes (and because I had this all on hand).. Then I used 4 cans broth and one can water with a heaping teaspoon of Beef Better than Bullion to equal approximately the two cartons of broth.
Jun 4, 2019
We love a great soup recipe! This was a winner in our house. Sometimes we use the spicy Italian sausage instead of ground beef to give it more of a kick. Super dish.
May 8, 2019
Great recipe! Used spicy pork sausage. Well liked. Can easily be made on stovetop if desired. Either way it makes a hearty soup! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy classic flavors presented in new and healthy ways!
Mar 10, 2019
Good recipe. Made it for family and it was enjoyed. I added onion to ground beef when browning. This is a keeper and will make again.