Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- In a large saucepan or skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired, basil and pepper. Stir in the noodles, beans, tomatoes, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 263 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 17g protein.
May 22, 2020
YUM, YUM, YUM I used 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef (that's what was in the pkg.) and Bush's SW Style pinto beans (it's what I had) and canned sliced tomatoes (again, it;s what I had). I had expected to have some leftovers between the 3 of us but we did not even leave a bite for our dog!
May 22, 2020
I just used a can of beef broth instead of water and beef bouillon, and had to use a fresh tomato since I didn't have any stewed or diced. It still turned out great!
May 21, 2020
I have not made this yet but I am going to try it. It sounds so much like something my Grandmother made when I was a kid. We called it One Dish Dinner. I think it had chopped potatoes instead of noodles. I'll try it both ways,,,noodles and potatoes.
Feb 22, 2019
We loved this recipe. I used pinto beans, a full pound of ground beef, and small egg noodles as that is all I had. We loved it and it was husband approved. Delicious. Volunteer Field Editor
Feb 2, 2019
OMG THIS WAS AMAZING. I used a whole pound of beef though. 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce and a can of diced tomatoes in lieu of cuz that's all I had. This was absolutely amazing. Excellent taste. A little labor-intensive cutting up the vegetables but if you have a vegetable chopper you can save yourself a few minutes
Feb 1, 2019
Will try this using ground turkey.
Mar 11, 2017
Great tasting and simple to make.
Sep 26, 2013
This was very good! We really enjoyed it and will make it again. We substituted diced tomatoes for the stewed, and red wine vinegar for the Worcestershire sauce.
Oct 26, 2011
This is very flavorful. Since there are only two of us, the "planned overs" for lunch the next day are even better than the original.
Feb 13, 2011
I have made this dish several times. My family loves it especially my daughter. I found it one day when trying to find a different recipe for ground beef. It's so easy to make.