Olive ‘n’ Fig Chicken
Olive fans will enjoy the elegance of this easy entree. “I love green olives and figs, so I put them together with chicken for a salty-sweet combination that’s perfect for a special meal.” —Carol Hull, Hermiston, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (6.35 ounces) green olive tapenade
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook tapenade and fig preserves over medium heat until heated through, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return chicken to the pan; cook on low heat until chicken is heated through, 2-3 minutes. If desired, top with olives.