Old-World Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Alternately arrange stuffing and pork chops lengthwise across a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a thermometer reads 145°, 45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Oct 11, 2017
I too, increased the onion and lessened the cooking time. Was a very nice comforting dish.
Dec 16, 2011
No comment left
Sep 28, 2009
I love stuffed pork chops and thought this an above-average recipe. Maybe your chops weren't thick enough or your oven temp is off. Or if you're using BONELESS chops, cook them only about 30 min. - cook the 1 hr for bone-in chops. Today's pork is extremely lean and easily overcooks to dryness. The only thing I changed was I increased the grated onion to 1 tablespoon. Also, you can do this the traditional way, and cut pockets in the chops and stuff them - but for that you'll need thicker chops.
Aug 12, 2008
I wanted to like this (especially since I grew up in Milwaukee), but we found it to be quite dry--would have to adjust oven temp and/or time.
Jul 7, 2007
No comment left