Old-Time Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 298 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 1, 2018
A good, simple recipe for apple crisp. It has a good cinnamon flavor, and it is not too sweet.
Sep 29, 2017
Feb 2, 2016
Absolutely perfect balance of flavors. A delicious classic. Don't, however, use chopped frozen apples, as I did. Left the texture too mushy. This was my fault, not the recipe. I will use fresh tart apples next time.
Oct 25, 2015
Made this yesterday to take as dessert for a dinner we had been invited to. Fantastic! I did double all the ingredients (used a 9x13" baking dish) for a crowd. Increased the baking time to 40-45 minutes. This recipe for apple crisp got rave reviews.
Aug 26, 2014
Nov 17, 2013
Another *GREAT* favorite!
Oct 31, 2013
I have made many apple crisps for my family. I love them so much! Warms you up on a cold day! This recipe is perfect. The right balance of sugar, flour, oats and butter to make the crisp! Mmmmm!!!
Oct 6, 2013
Great flavor with addition of the allspice!
Mar 3, 2013
No comment left
Jan 14, 2012
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Yumm