Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a 4- to 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; stir in a small amount of hot tapioca mixture. Return all to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 149 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 8, 2020
I substituted Splenda for the sugar and used one less egg and it was delicious.
Jul 8, 2020
We used to have tapioca pudding often, but I honestly hadn't even thought of it for years. I can't even try this recipe (though it looks/sounds great!--hence, the 5* rating) because I can't find tapioca in any of the stores here (Northwest Arkansas) and it's quite expensive to order it online. Any suggestions about where I might find it at a reasonable price? Thanks!
Apr 23, 2020
LOVED this slow cooker tapioca recipe. I cooked the pudding for 4 hours, then for 30 minutes after adding in the tempered egg mixture. Use the best vanilla you can afford! A keeper of a recipe for one of the best comfort foods on the planet!
Mar 10, 2019
This was the best recipe for pearl tapioca that I've found. Delicious! I didn't stir quite as often as I should have so my pearl tapioca stuck together but that was my fault. This is a great recipe. Thank you,Ruth, for sharing it.
Sep 27, 2018
We love tapioca pudding, but I don't like standing, stirring and watching it like a traditional recipe calls for. And then sometimes it just does not turn out. This recipe is terrific! Easier than easy, great consistency and so tasty! Thank you, Ruth!
Mar 12, 2013
No comment left