Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 311 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 23, 2020
I would have named this Quick Banana Cream Pie. I rate it five stars because it is not only quick and easy, but tastes good. I would not have named it "old fashioned" having made old-fashioned since the 1960s. I will make it again.
Mar 13, 2020
I'm going to make this tonight but I know it's going to be good. I'm going to use a chocolate caramel pudding. There are a lot of comments about the confusion on the whip topping, I am pretty sure that it's supposed to be a 16 oz tub. That is usually what most recipes I have seen, is called for. I'm going to give it a shot keep my fingers crossed and I'll let you know.
Feb 28, 2020
Been making this for years and it’s quick and good! I agree that I’m surprised about weight being confused with ounces, which doesn’t speak well for our educational system! I agree converting ounces to liters is challenging!
Feb 21, 2020
Can I use cooked pudding mix? I don't really like the instant puddings.
Aug 25, 2019
This recipe was very easy to make. And was wonderful. I definitely will make again!
Jun 16, 2019
I’m always looking for easy no bake desserts that I can make in our motorhome. This was so easy and a favorite of our grandkids. We will be making this often.
May 7, 2019
This is so easy to prepare and it is one of my husband's favorite pies.
Mar 28, 2018
Excellent banana cream pie. I just wish TofH would stop changing the name of recipes from the names given in its cookbooks, so they would be easier to find on-line for tips and reviews.
Sep 9, 2016
Easy to make and quick. I used french vanilla pudding as that is what I had in my cupboard. Turned out great husband loved it
Apr 21, 2016
Followed the recipe and the taste was as good as the ingredient. The pie did not stand up and was soupie. Not something I would ever serve to guest. What went wrong?