Obatzda (German Beer Cheese Dip)
Obatzda, otherwise known as German beer cheese dip, is so delicious and creamy. It's the perfect dip to make the night before at get-together. —Beate Trinkl, Einsbach, Germany
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 rounds (8 ounces each) Camembert cheese, rind on, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, mash Camembert cheese with a fork to desired consistency. Beat in cream cheese, onion and seasonings. If desired, sprinkle with additional caraway seeds.