Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M's minis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, M&M's, flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda and butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Pat the remaining mixture into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 116 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 23, 2019
Excellent for potlucks as it makes people thrill you did more with than you really did. I also use a 9x13 and adjust the cooking time, and using a toothpick to check for when it’s done. I also like to play with the chocolate pieces-chocolate chips, holiday m
Jun 5, 2017
Easy and nice for a potluck or bake sale. Have used holiday M&Ms as well.
Aug 11, 2016
Didn't seem like anything special. They were easy to make, but were just ok.
Jan 16, 2015
This is a big hit at our local volunteer fire department! After the first batch, it was immediately requested again. Now, I make two batches. However, I make two trays of brownies and only use one batch of oat topping and sprinkle over the top of the two trays. Elimating the bottom layer. Quick, easy and upgrades brownies to a new level of crunch. It is a winner!
Jun 27, 2014
I made these for company and everyone loved them.
Jan 30, 2014
I liked the ease of the recipe by using a boxed brownie mix. Next time I think I will try putting all the oat mixture on the bottom- as I would have liked that layer thicker.
Jan 27, 2014
Delicious and easy! I used dark chocolate M&M's and did not add nuts as these were for a church dinner. Will make them again.
Jan 24, 2014
These were real easy to make . Everyone from 7 yrs old kids to my 93 yr old father in law loved them
Jan 24, 2014
These were moist and delicious. Served for desert with friends. They were a hit!
Jan 24, 2014
These were Great. I used a regular sized cake pan and regular M&M's and they turned out really good. I will make these again!