Nutty Sugar Crisps
With chopped walnuts, these slightly crisp cookies are a little different than traditional sugar cookies. This recipe is especially appealing to folks who don't want the hassle of cutout cookies.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 133 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.