Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each pita half.
Jan 12, 2017
Easy and delicious
Jun 16, 2014
I've been making these forever. They are delicious, quick and great for picnics! To make things go even quicker, occasionally I'll use a rotisserie chicken from the store :)
Jan 2, 2012
I have been making these sandwiches since the recipe first appeared. They are always a huge hit! Delicious!
Dec 21, 2009
Made these pita sandwiches recently for a luncheon group meeting. They were a hit!